Level I: Professional Recovery Services if You Become a Victim of Identity Theft
IDSafeChoice Identity Theft Recovery Group Program – Benefits
For only $0.95 per month – less than $12 per year – IDSafechoice provides you with the reassurance that if you suspect identity theft, a professional is standing by, ready to restore your good name – no matter how long it takes.
As a Personal Checking, NOW or Money Market accountholder, you are eligible to receive the fully-managed recovery services through IDSafeChoice. This unique group program provides you and your family members with the benefit of fully-managed identity recovery, if you become the victim of identity theft. This includes coverage for you, the accountholder, as well as:
- Your spouse or domestic partner,
- Your dependents up to age 25, and
Your parents – living with you; living in elder care (assisted living, nursing home, or hospice); or deceased 12 months or less.
One call to Nevada Bank and Trust will put you in touch with your own personal Recovery Advocate who will do all of the legwork for you to recover your good name. To report an identity theft, call or visit your local branch or call 775-289-3226.
IDSafeChoice Group Opt-In / Opt-Out – Enrollment
Notify a branch employee to enroll today! We’re counting on your participation to help keep the cost low for all Group members, but you may leave the group and cancel your participation at any time. Your coverage ceases at the end of the month in which you cancel participation. To leave the group and cancel your benefits, notify a branch employee. You will be asked to sign a form to verify your non-participation in the Group.
IDSafeChoice Group Program – Terms and Conditions
- Services are provided to the individual(s) in Sponsor’s Covered Group; businesses do not qualify for this offer. Benefits are non-transferable.
- Family coverage extends to the covered individuals, their spouse or domestic partner, dependants up to age 25 with the same permanent residence address, including students and military, and parents of the covered individuals with the same permanent residence address, or living in hospice, assisted living, nursing home or deceased for 12 months or less.
- Benefits have no cash equivalent, are non-transferable, and non-cancelable (except in the event of termination of the Group Plan.) Provider Services do not cover financial losses of any kind arising from the identity theft.
- Eligibility for recovery services is based on ID theft events that are discovered and reported to the services provider on or after the effective date of the program and during the eligibility period.
- Provider reserves the right to refuse or terminate services if it is deemed that the participating plan member is committing fraud or other illegal acts, making untrue statements, or failing to perform his/her portion of the recovery plan. Provider will not refuse or terminate services to a plan member solely due to the complexity of a case. Provider cannot be held responsible for failure to provide or for delay in providing services when such failure or delay is caused by conditions beyond its control.
- Service Provider does not provide credit counseling or repair to credit which legitimately belongs to the plan member.
- Services are only available to residents of the United States. Identity recovery is only performed with agencies and institutions in the United States, or territories where U.S. law applies.
- Identity theft services are provided by Merchants Information Solutions, Inc. An alternate service provider may be substituted at the discretion of the Sponsor.
Services will be cancelled at the end of the month in which the provider is notified that the customer has opted out of the Group program.
Level II: Further Protect Yourself and Your Family
Chances are 1 in 23 that you will become a victim of identity theft, according to statistics provided by the Federal Trade Commission. The IDSafeChoice PLUS program provides a total protection package:
Credit Monitoring PLUS up to $25,000 for Identity Theft Expenses in addition to IDSafeChoice Recovery and MORE!
Only $5.95 per month for one; $4 more protects the entire family
- Your complete credit report available automatically each year for your review
- Status alerts to warn of new activity that may signal that a criminal is at work.
- Warnings of derogatory credit, new credit issued, inquiries on your report, change of address attempts and more.
- Up to $25,000 in reimbursed expenses for recovering your identity, including lost wage reimbursement, with zero deductible.*
Your own personal Recovery Advocate
Did you know.... the age group with the highest incidence of identity theft is between the ages of 18 and 29, accounting for almost a third of all victims? And there were over 400,000 cases of identity theft in 2004 for children under the age of 18.
Source: Identity Theft Data Clearinghouse Study published by the FTC, February 2005
With Both the Individual and Family Plan You Also Receive These Benefits...
- Protection awareness test
- Personal protection plan
- Reports of new “tricks of the trade”
- Personal protection advisory newsletter
- Your own personal Recovery Advocate to restore your good name, if you fall victim
- Fraud alerts are posted at all three credit bureaus.
- Your rights as a victim are explained.
- A customized recovery plan is developed and documented for your review.
- Your Recovery Advocate contacts and works with all agencies, financial institutions and companies affected.
- Your Recovery Advocate completes and files all forms and follows up to make sure fraudulent activity is corrected.
- Your Recovery Advocate will contact you at 30, 60, 90 and 120 days after the case is closed to determine if there are any additional problems.
Your good name will be restored – no matter how long it takes
Note: Family Plan includes recovery and reimbursement benefits for the primary plan member, their spouse or domestic partner, and each dependent with the same permanent address as the primary member, up to the age of 25.
* Insurance underwritten by member companies of American International Group, Inc. The description herein is a summary only. It does not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the policies described. Coverage not available to residents of New York and may not be available in other jurisdictions.